Wednesday, September 21, 2011

last summer walk through the garden with the wee one



I LOVE THESE ASTERS
  DUG FROM A ROADSIDE YEARS AGO
 BROUGHT TO THIS HOUSE
ALMOST 16 YEARS AGO
...THEY HAVE GOTTEN EVEN
 BY JUMPING ALL OVER THE GARDEN
SPREADING THEIR JOYOUS COLOR OF PURPLE
WITH SUNNY YELLOW CENTERS
...anything but the Brier patch
I whisper as I pass by





Ah,Stafford, you newbie to the garden this year
you have done a splendid job of watching over all
your wise look ....of course you're riding on an owl
your face cheers me with its whimsical gaze

Now you must direct the symphony of the leaves
use your fishing pole, my lord


Finn
He has inherited the gene!
a future gardener...a tree hugger
a bug hunter
a rock collector
How can I ever thank Him
for such a gift
to such a wench as I?


I hate to brag...but this autumn joy clematis
is mine


woo me some more
Dear Darby Autumn


Have you ever stepped in chocolate mint?
Finn did...and said m-m-m-m
:)


Oh...and the Finn is a bird watcher, too
pointing to the bushes or trees when he heard them sing or chirp

POOR BOO
HE HAD TO DO HIS BIRDWATCHING FROM INSIDE



the season ages
he claps my hand while walking
autumn holding spring


3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful post, lovely salute to your summer garden, and introduction of the wee one to all your delights.
    Love your words " autumn holding spring" - the joy of being a grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent sentiments. I love the kitty looking out the window. Bird feeders are always placed near windows for great enjoyment by owner and their furry feline friends:)

    ReplyDelete

leave me a line of joy