Wednesday, June 8, 2011

 Oh , climbing rose
forgive me for trying to get rid of you a few years back
now you bloom even more
maybe your way of saying
with the thorns comes the blooms
focus on the blooms
glad..I let you climb
You add that certain color
at the right time
when all others are getting ready
or storing up nourishment for the next growing season
Soon you too will bow to the lilllies
and cone-flowers and Coreopsis and Black-eyed Susans
So go ahead show off
your place is secure
and thanks for the forgiveness

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, yes...the forgiveness of roses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a miniature rose bush that is just the prettiest little thing. Our big one finally gave up the ship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful trellis for the roses. It is just a perfect color to set off the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The roses blend beautifully with the acorn and oak leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we have the same color of peony and those roses! I have the same one too, and never have they bloomed like they are this year!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a line of joy