Wednesday, May 30, 2012



Work
I lost myself in work
a much neglected garden
called for me to get to work
prune, weed, thin out
I lost myself in work
thank you my dear garden







seedlings


my morning glories


sundrops


Oh the thistle I pulled


and this is still my mystery plant
grows to over 5 ft
in a clump
the flowers smell like cow barn
what is it?

the oakleaf hydrangeas are blooming
isn't this too soon?


I love the white flowers of the soapwort
that open in the evening

the lillies and mums
both opening

tickseed....
 
I bought these oriental lillies on clearance last year
stuck them among the other lllies and spiderwort
they made it!
I confess....I do have a green thumb
most of the time

"NATURE-WILD NATURE-DWELLS IN GARDENS
JUST AS SHE DWELLS IN THE TANGLED WOODS,
IN THE DEEPS OF THE SEA,
AND ON THE HEIGHTS OF THE MOUNTAIN;
AND THE WILDER THE GARDEN,
THE MORE YOU WILL SEE OF HER THERE."
...Herbert Ravenel Sass


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Are morning glories a weed? In NZ they would take over the country if we let them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a lot of those flowers: spiderwort, sundrops, and morning glories, oh I love morning glories. You DO have a green thumb. I love your plants. I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post has me breathing deeper
    and feeling the dewy sweetness
    of your beautiful garden.
    I can almost smell it, Suz.
    Don't know what your mystery plant is
    but I'm thinking this year
    has everything coming in early
    ...blossoms way before their usual time
    here.
    It will be interesting to see
    how the summer ends.
    love all the grace growing
    over here,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think nature is burning itself out early
      I think laate summer and fall will be a bust
      but I am enjoying it now

      Delete
  4. I was going to say...you have a green thumb. It looks great. You inspired me to get out into my garden today and do the same....and tomorrow when I wake up, it'll all be done! I usually work in the garden at night here because it's so hot during the day....it was lovely outside. Glad you're out and about....did that rash go away? I hope so. Let summer begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally figured out that it was deadly nightshade that was causing my rash...even through gloves
      and to think I actually let that nasty stuff hang around for the berries for the late leaving birds...
      no more....but it hides everywhere
      yea...let summer begin

      Delete

leave me a line of joy