Friday, May 28, 2010


The mountain ash trimmings were the last to be picked up and bagged until, that is, I saw mama rabbit nibbling at them. Maybe it was the unripened berries that she wanted, but on closer inspection, no, it was the leaves that she was nibbling.
Last night I decided to leave them for her for the morning's meal. Sure enough this morning she was nibbling away. On and off all day I spied her sneaking out to grab a bite. Now this evening she guards her stash in the cool shade. ..Mr. Robin close by inspecting the border for worms rising from the earth after a heavy soaking by the wench. I think I'll have to name her soon...we're getting pretty chummy with each other.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Too sweet! And, so nice of you to leave the pile out for mamma bunny. They must taste yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so pretty! I hope you get a picture of the babies dancing around the garden. You are so thoughtful to leave the trimmings out for her. I love it when people go out of their way to be kind to animals. We need more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, Julie would be singing the Cinderella song. She has had the same bunny in her garden for a few years now. He lays outside the fence teasing the beagles. They call him "Relax-a-Bun".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz!!! This is the best photo. Wow. So peaceful and sweet. I love you keeping the brush there for the mama bunny. I just love you!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a line of joy