Monday, February 15, 2016

 
 
Held by snow
 
a dried up curled up leaf
 
That about describes me right now
 
I promise to get back to gardening this year
 
and sharing my thoughts with you
 
I know there are a few followers left
 
who will love seeing transformations
 
and isn't the garden just that
 
transformations?
 
I try to be whimsical about my posting
 
letting you in on my feelings about the garden
 
last year I just couldn't conjure them up
 
If you don't go in to the garden....no salve for the weary
 
but that's okay.....I was busy being the salve somewhere else
 
But I ache for the flower petals, the dragonflies
 
toads....bunnies....bats
 
and the occasional stray oddity that has been known to grace my garden
 
just look back in my blog
 
I do have two resident feral cats now that have taken up on my deck
 
I have their 3 kittens inside...almost 15 months old now
 
My husband is well and the grandkids are doing fine
 
Little Tuula is doing the best she ever has
 
fingers crossed
 
I am going to keep it simple this year
 
no going crazy on planters
 
Iwill feel like a success if I can keep up with weeding and pruning
 
oh I am dreaming of a warm summer day...being in the shade of the pines
 
listening and feeling the breeze against my face
 
oh to feel alive like that again
 
so simple
 
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. You stopping by my blog made me take a moment and stop by yours ... glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suz, I'm so glad you're back! You're poem made me yearn for warm weather and flowers.....pretty soon in the over all scheme of things. I considered giving up the blog for FB postings but, I love the community. Wishing you gardening balm for the soul! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thanks Sally....facebook is not the same as blogging to me
    and the community is wonderful....such nice people to connect with in a special way....and especially garden folk
    Don't you love the seasons?
    think spring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! So glad you'll getting back into the swing of things:) I know how it goes. Really nice to hear from you and know that everyone is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For every morning I give thanks for it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suz! I was just going through my blog list and thought I'd stop by -- Can you believe that it's Memorial Day weekend? At the start of summer and winter a memory, I hope this finds you doing well!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a line of joy